Information about the Planning Department.
The Albuquerque Planning Department provides a full range of services from processing building permits to developing long range, regional plans and policies. The department also houses several quasi-judicial boards and commissions.
Planning Department Location
Plaza del Sol, 600 Second NW, Albuquerque, NM 87102
Mailing address: P.O. Box 1293, Albuquerque, N.M. 87103
Telephone: (505) 924-3860
Business hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- As of September 5, 2014, The Office of Neighborhood Coordination has moved from the basement of Plaza del Sol to the 4th floor, Room 440, east side of the building, behind the elevators. Staff and phone numbers remain the same.
- Bikeways & Trails Facility Plan - Posted September 11, 2014
- The Environmental Planning Commission will continue hearing the Plan on Thursday, October 9, 2014 no earlier than 1:30 p.m. in the Planning Department Hearing Room, Basement Level, Plaza del Sol, 600 Second Street NW. For more information go to the Bikeways & Trails Facility Plan or contact Carrie Barkhurst at 505-924-3879.
- Secondary Dwelling Units - at EPC Thursday, October 9, 2014. Project #1001620, 14EPC-40064: Proposed Text Amendments to the Zoning Code – At its regularly scheduled public hearing on October 9, 2014, the Environmental Planning Commission (EPC) will consider text amendments to the following sections of the Zoning Code: 14-16-1-5, Definitions; 14-16-2-2, the RO-1 Rural and Open Zone; 14-16-2-6, the R-1 Residential Zone; 14-16-2-10, the R-G Residential Garden Apartment Zone; and 14-16-2-11, the R-2 Residential Zone. Please contact Catalina Lehner -AICP, Senior Planner, at 505-924-3935 for more information.
- Proposed Text Amendment to the East Gateway Sector Development Plan Project - at EPC Thursday, October 9, 2014. Project #1009415, 14EPC-40052: At its regularly scheduled public hearing on October 9, 2014, the Environmental Planning Commission (EPC) will consider a text amendment to the East Gateway Sector Development Plan to clarify the regulation regarding lighted signage near residential areas. The intent of the regulation was to protect residential areas from excess lighting, while allowing reasonable lighting on commercial properties. The amendment clarifies the language so that lighting is allowed on commercial property, but will not face solely residential uses. Please contact Maggie Gould at 505-924-3910 for more information.
- Update to the Coors Corridor Plan - posted August 18, 2014. The Environmental Planning Commission will continue hearing the Plan on Thursday, October 2, 2014 at 3:30 p.m.), in the Planning Department Hearing Room, Plaza del Sol, 600 2nd Street NW, Basement Level. For more information go to Coors Corridor Plan or contact: Carol Toffaleti 505-924-3345.
- De Anza Motor Lodge RFP - posted August 14, 2014, due date 1-9-15
- 1st Street and Central RFP - posted June 9, 2014, due date 11-7-14
- Albuquerque Rail Yards Redevelopment - Information about the Albuquerque Rail Yards Redevelopment project
- Route 66 (DRAFT) Action Plan - Bringing Back the Mother Road
- here. edition has been posted. As per the June/July 2014 edition of the Neighborhood News, page 10, the newsletter will no longer be mailed. The current newsletter and archived editions can be found
Applications, Permits & Fees
- Building Safety Checklists, Permit Application Forms, Plan Review, and more
- Impact Fees
- Planning and Development fees
- Downtown Government Buildings Map
- Neighborhood Association information
- Planning Department Interactive Map Gallery
- Report a weed, litter, or zoning complaint.
Meetings, News & Notices
There are currently no items in this folder.